* Please note that paper submission and author registration is now closed.
Once you receive notification of acceptance, prepare your full paper following the instructions given in this guide. For publication in the proceedings, the conference committee must have received, by the deadline of Monday, March 13, 2006,
(a) the paper in the specified format:
- A Microsoft Word example file with instruction is available for preparing your manuscript: ccece06-template.doc.
- A pdf version is also available ccece06-template.pdf.
- Authors who wish to use LaTeX to format a paper can follow the template given in pdf format. The LaTeX style (class) file (ccece06.cls) is available locally from this site, as is the template (ccece06sample.tex) for this Conference. The dvi file produced by LaTeX2e may be exported to PDF format by using dvi2pdfm utility program, as long as compatible fonts are used and the produced PDF file is readable by English and/or French version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
(b) the signed copyright form, available locally in PDF or in Word format
(c) the full registration fee.
The copyright form should be completed and either mailed to:
Dr. Wahab Almuhtadi, P. Eng.
CCECE06 Conference Secretariat
Algonquin College, School of Advanced Technology,
1385 Woodroffe Ave., Room #T336g, T-Building, Ottawa, ON, Canada, K2G 1V8
or faxed to:
(613) 248-4758, Note: Fax ONLY the Copyright Form page with the authorised signature, and DO NOT use any fax cover sheet.
The registration form should be submitted along with the appropriate fees as directed on the Registration Page
The CCECE-2006 Conference Committee will provide attendees with a CD-ROM containing the conference proceedings and PDF viewers for Windows, Macintosh, and Unix. The CD-ROMs serve participants at CCECE conferences very well and increase the utility of papers as reference documents.
File Submission Format
Papers must be submitted in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). When preparing your PDF file; do not enable security, do not disable printing! These submissions must be formatted to 8.5 x 11 inches page size, and in first-page-first order. Please verify that the final version of your PDF file is readable by English and/or French version of Adobe Acrobat Reader before submission. A link is available to IEEE's PDF eXpress for authors to test the compatibility of their papers. Papers that do not print correctly cannot be published. For best results, authors should avoid the use of custom half tones, bitmap pattern fills, and bitmap fonts. Use standard half tones and solid color or grey fills instead.
All conference papers submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specification for compatibility (Simplified Requirements for Creating PDF Files for IEEE Xplore). IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function). Please read the “simplified requirements for creating PDF files for IEEE Xplore” document for more information on how to create IEEE PDF compliant files.
Maximum Length of Paper: The paper should be 4 pages and not exceed 6 pages. The author will be charged an extra $50.00/page for those pages exceeding 4.
Steps for Submission
1) Create your manuscript(s).
2) Proofread and check layout of manuscript (it is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to IEEE PDF eXpress.)
3) Create IEEE PDF eXpress account.
4) Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
5) Use IEEE PDF eXpress to attain IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
6) Submit final, IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s) to the Paper Submission system according to the instructions given on the Author Information page.
7) Submit along with the paper a copy of the email that you will receive from IEEE eXpress that confirms that your paper is IEEE PDF compliant. Insert this information in the “PDF Compliant” field in the paper submission form.
The filename of your PDF file must be the paper number assigned to you by the CCECE committee, followed by the Portable Document Format extension (.pdf). For example, if the CCECE committee assigned you the number 23, you would submit your file as "23.pdf".
How to create IEEE PDF eXpress account
click the icon below to proceed to the site to generate a PDF version of your file or check your PDF file for compatibility.
1. Access the IEEE PDF eXpress site (by clicking the icon above)
||March 13, 2006ze="-1">Previous users, but using it the first time for a new conference:
|a. Click “New Users - Click Here”.
||a. Enter ccece06 for the Conference ID, your email address, and enter the password you used for your old account.
||a. Enter ccece06 for the Conference ID, email address and password.
|b. Enter ccece06 for the Conference ID, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted.
||b. When you click “Login”, you’ll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click “Continue”. By entering your previously used email address and password combination, you will enable your old account for access to this new conference.
|c. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
|| c. Check that the contact information is still valid, and click “Submit”.
d. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
2. For each conference paper, click “Create New Title”.
3. Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required)
4. Click “Submit PDF for Checking” or “Submit Source Files for Conversion”
5. Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click “Upload File”. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload
6. You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed.
|If the PDF submitted fails the PDF check:
||If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF:
||If the PDF submitted passed the PDF Check, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF:
||Submit your source file for conversion by clicking Try again, then Submit Source Files for Conversion
||Resubmit your source file with corrections (Try again, then Submit Source Files for Conversion)
||Read the PDF Check report, then click “The PDF Check Report” in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions
||Submit a PDF by clicking Try again, then Submit PDF for Checking
||Submit your IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file to the WitanWeb Submission System site following the instructions given on the
Author Information page.
||“Request Technical Help” through your account
||“Request a Manual Conversion” through your account
IEEE PDF eXpress converts the following file types to PDF:
*For documents created in formats that do not embed source files, include all support files with the final manuscript in a folder. Put this folder in a compressed archive for submission. If it is possible to embed images in the source document, you should do so to avoid potential issues, such as missing graphics.
Note: This conference is being arranged
in conjunction with the CCC