I am new, what is GOLD all about?
Not sure what we are doing? Read this and it'll all be crystal clear.
(Don't forget the Notes in the PowerPoint presentation - Tool Bar -> View -> Notes Page)
GOLD Introduction: PowerPoint,PDF
How to start my GOLD Group?
- Gather signatures of at least six (6) IEEE Members, other than Students required (Not necessarily GOLD members though, can be Senior Members, Life Members, or any other Regular Members)
- File a completed petition as indicated here in IEEE RAB Affinity Group Petition Page
How do I set up an email list for GOLD members in my Section?
The IEEE electronic communication services provide easy to use mailing lists. Please visit http://eleccomm.ieee.org/email-services.shtml for details.
How to set up web hosting for my GOLD Group?
Courtesy: Dawn Nedohin-Macek of Winnipeg GOLD Group
Webpage Setup Illustration
How to get funding for my event?
How to apply for Quick Start Incentive Fund (QSIF)?
Courtesy: Verona Wong of Vancouver GOLD Group
This is a one-time grant to any formally established GOLD group based on a written proposal. The base amount is US$200 and matching fund is up to US$300, total US$500 maximum. To apply, simply follow the following steps
- Consult IEEE GOLD QSIF Page
- Write up a course of activities to be implemented over a period of time
- Source Matching fund from Section - Contact Section Chair & Treasurer
- Source Matching fund from Region - Contact Region 7 GOLD Coordinator
- Source Matching fund from Industry
- Complete the application, click here for an example
How to get the IEEE GOLD Table-Top Display for my event?
The IEEE GOLD Table-Top Display can be shipped to any GOLD group for temporary display at events at no cost to the local GOLD group. The shipping expenses are covered by the headquarters in New Jersey and there is no cost to use the display. Just need to make sure it is available and arrange shipment. It's that easy to get promotional materials!