The IEEE Canada Logo
Logos are used to represent organizations. In many cases, the elements
of the logo represent significant aspects of the history of the organization.
This is the case with the IEEE Canada logo. Please use the "logo history"
link on the left to read more about this history.
The IEEE Canada logo has three principal elements.
- The IEEE emblem (on the left), which has components
representing the two institutions that were merged in 1963 to form the
IEEE (the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.).
- The CSECE logo (on the right), which was established by the
Canadian Society of Electrical and Computer Engineers).
- The name "IEEE Canada" which is the name of the organization which
resulted from the merger of IEEE Region 7 and the CSECE.
- The upper and lower horizontal lines are added to complete the
framing of the name. While the right end of the lower horizontal line touches
the CSECE logo, the other line ends do not touch either the IEEE emblem
or the top of the CSECE (IEEE prohibits anything touching the emblem -
which includes the small copyright symbol in the lower right corner).
- The colors are significant; the name, IEEE emblem, and upper
horizontal line are in "IEEE blue" which is close to the web color
"navy" as used in the HTML color atribute; the CSECE logo and the
lower horizontal line are in the red used in the Canada flag which
is close to the web color "red" as used in the HTML color atribute.
Two versions of this logo exist as GIF files, the only difference being
their size. GIF files can not be enlarged or reduced in size without
seriously damaging their appearance - this is why the "large" and "small"
versions are provided. These files are intended to be used as web images
only, where their resolution is appropriate. These file sizes are small
so that the images load quickly.
For use in word processing or publication software, higher resolution
or vector-based images should be used. These are currently under development
and will be posted on this web site as soon as they are available.
- Note 1: Single pixel borders are used for this display
to delineate the edges of these GIF images. Right click within these
borders to download.
- Note 2: The logo used at the top of this web page is identical
to the large logo provided below, except that it is 600 pixels wide
with additional white space which adds 100 bytes to the size.
- IEEE Canada GIF Files - suitable for web page use
Large Logo 2568 bytes, 340 x 64
Small Logo 1502 bytes, 172 x 32
- IEEE Canada Logo Image File in EPS format
- IEEE Canada Logo Image File in TIFF format - suitable for printed page use
this file is under development
For more information please contact the IEEE Canada