Manitoba's Seven Sisters Generating Station (Manitoba Hydro)
Located 101 km to the north-east of Winnipeg on the Winnipeg River, Seven Sisters
Generating Plant began operations on May 9, 1931.
Built by the
Winnipeg Electric Company, Seven Sisters Generating Station was the largest generating
station on the Winnipeg River, and it also operated with the highest head (18.6 m)
compared to all other Winnipeg River generating stations.
-- a history