IEEE Canada Technology Leadership Webinar Series – VIII
Date and Time: April 27, 2021, 2 PM ET.
Speaker: Dr. Bill Pomfret
Topic: Motivating for Safety
Objectives – At the end of this presentation you will have the ability to:
- Understand the basic rules for motivating for safety.
- Appreciate how arguments never motivate for safety commitment.
- Understand how to let the person tell you what improvements can be made
- Acknowledge the importance of enthusiasm in motivating for safety.
- Know that admitting fault can help you gained credibility.
- Be better able to inspire, involve and impel people towards safety.
A Case history will also be presented on what can be achieved.
The Presentation will conclude with “The 9 Habits of Highly Motivated Leaders.”
Dr. Pomfret is a best-selling author, speaker and dynamic presenter also known as a storyteller, who has traveled the world educating and motivating management and employees to adopt effective health, safety and risk control policies; practices and procedures that prevent or mitigate human, economic and environmental losses from adverse occupational exposures.
Dr. Bill has been in the Occupational Health & Safety consulting field for over forty years. Dr. Bill Pomfret designed and developed the world’s first Internationally acclaimed 5 Star Health and Safety Management System™ in 1975, He was the first person to use the phase 5 Star Health & Safety Management System™ Bill was Executive Vice President of the World Safety Organization from 1975 to 1997.Bill has been an expert witness in every province except Quebec for over 30 years and has never lost a case.
2:00pm – 2:05pm Welcome and introduction by hosts
2:05pm – 2:45pm Presentation
2:45pm – 2:55pm Q&A
2:55pm – 2:59pm Closing remark by hosts
To register: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/268950