The Professional Development Committee
- provides leadership in enhancing the public image and status of the electrical, electronics, and computer industry in Canada,
- liaises with other technical and professional organizations in Canada on the subject of professional development,
- responds to members’ needs by seeking suggestions and conducting surveys
- participates in dialogue with colleagues in our members’ technical areas of expertise, and through liaison with other technical and professional organizations.
- publishes this 2-page colour brochure to succinctly describe the career development opportunities that IEEE membership enables.
- sponsors courses in Leadership and Project Management Training that can be presented in your local area or at our annual conference
For information related to careers and business, please visit the following pages as well as the pages linked from the left side panel on this page.
The Professional Development Committee seeks your input.
Professional Development Committee Chair
Email: Denard Lynch
Leadership and Project Management Training
IEEE Canada offers two courses that can be presented in your local area or at our annual conference (CCECE/CCGEI). The volunteer trainers donate their time, but Sections are expected to cover any costs involved.
These courses can be given to Section, Chapter, or Student Branch volunteers, or offered as professional development programs to IEEE members.
Leadership Training by Jorge Aguirre (Ottawa), Philip Choy (Calgary), Celia Desmond (Toronto), Gerard Dumphy (St. Johns), Ferial El-Hawary (Halifax), Mo El-Hawary (Halifax), Ray Findlay (Hamilton), Haran Karmaker (Peterborough), Bill Kennedy (Calgary), Ivana Vujosevic (Ottawa), Slawo Wesolkowski (Ottawa)
Project Management Training by Celia Desmond (Toronto)
For more information contact the IEEE Canada Administrator.