IEEE Canada is the largest technical professional association in Canada. Majority of our members are from energy, communications, manufacturing or mining industry; either as employees of the industrial firms, or supporting industry as consultants, technology or construction firms.
IEEE and Industry in Canada
Industrial outputs, combined goods and services, accounted for more than two thirds of the entire Canadian economy. We are committed to work on initiatives that address broader needs of the Canadian industry and for the greater well-being of the Canadian public.
Canadian industries are divided into multiple sectors and spread across different regions of the country from energy & resource development, manufacturing, pulp & paper to food & beverage. A good industry relations strategy must address this duality in a comprehensive manner. IEEE Canada is establishing direct dialogues with key industry firms, associations and with key regional economic development offices respectively.
IEEE Canada is a leader in bringing together industry, academia, and governmental organizations; supporting and promoting initiatives that help development, demonstration and utilization of technologies to enhance Canadian public’s quality of life and our national industrial output.
Industry Committee Goal
The primary goal of the Industry Committee is to facilitate engagement of the Canadian industry in IEEE initiatives and activities, and to provide a platform for creating awareness of technology, its adoption and its benefits to our quality of life.
Our National and Local Platforms
IEEE Canada offers conferences, publications and other media platforms and forums at both local and national levels to facilitate dialogues between Canadian industry and the public on advancement of technology. IEEE Canada is very active at the grass roots level in industry outreach activities through its local sections and members in all major cities across Canada. Primary platforms the Committee uses to engage and promote industry are listed below.
- Committee holds annual Industry Forums on current industry topics on national level at the Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE) and the Canadian Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC).
- Local IEEE sections hold lunch and learn events to showcase technology developments and innovation.
Industry Committee Activities
The Committee engages in the following activities to achieves its goals.
- Serve on the IEEE Standards Committees (SA) that develop various industry standards. Bring SA new initiatives to Canada and connect Canadian members and industrial players to their corresponding IEEE SA working groups.
- Showcase the innovations taking place in the Canadian industry by encouraging that leading research and development (R&D) be documented and published in IEEE publications and presented at IEEE conferences and seminars.
- Serve on the Industry Committee to represent your industry and participate in outreach.
- Participating in Industry Forums at IEEE Canada’s national annual conferences.
- Arrange events through our local chapters on technology research, development and application related topics.
- Build partnerships with key Canadian industry associations in energy, communication, manufacturing or mining sectors.
- Promote the value of advertisement on IEEE Canada website or Canadian publications.
- Industry committee can facilitate and provide a subject matter expert to participate in a technology related topic for example to support an industry association, local chamber or economic development agency.
Engage with Us
IEEE Canada is continuously reviewing its priorities and improving its industry outreach initiatives. For more information or to support and participate in committee’s work please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.