As volunteers, we give our time to an organization we believe makes a difference. IEEE Canada is the Canadian national society in electrical, electronics, and computer engineering. We are part of two larger organizations, one international, the other Canadian. Please use this link to learn more about IEEE Canada and our products and services.
What do we as volunteers receive in return? Here are some of the benefits:
- Satisfaction from being useful and contributing to our profession and society.
- Working and socializing with interesting and caring professionals.
- Developing or honing networking and management skills.
- Making personal contacts with leaders and those on the rise in our industry.
There are volunteer opportunities in various aspects of IEEE:
- your nation-wide IEEE Canada
- your local Section or Chapter
- your favourite Technical Society
IEEE Canada needs volunteers for a wide range of activities, for example:
- chairs or members of the various activity committees (explore the possibilities using this link),
- publication editors and reviewers,
- translators for published articles,
- translators for web sites,
- web masters and assistant webmasters.
We welcome volunteers whose working language is English, French, or both.
If you would like to become an IEEE volunteer, or wish to ask some questions about becoming a volunteer, please use the web form below and the webmaster will respond directly to you or forward your interest or questions to the most appropriate person.
Please fill out this form and we will be glad to follow up with you regarding volunteering.
IEEE Canada seeks nominations for individuals to serve as volunteer leaders. The charter for each activity can be viewed using the link on the left. Please submit your nominations to the chair of the Nominations and Appointments Committee using the linked web form.
There are four types of volunteer positions for which nominations are sought:
- Candidates for the position of IEEE Canada President-Elect. To ensure representation from all sections within IEEE Canada, in each odd numbered year, candidates for the position of President-Elect will be drawn from a single Area in the following order – Central Canada (2015) Eastern Canada (2017), and Western Canada (2019).
- Chairs for all IEEE Canada Committees and Areas. Editors for all IEEE Canada Publications
- All levels within IEEE such as the Board of Directors, the Member Geographicl Activities Board, the Student Activities Committee, and so on.
Nominations and Appointments Committee Members for 2008-09
- Om Malik- chair – IEEE Canada Past President
- Sreeraman Rajan – Eastern Canada
- Alagan Anpalagan – Central Canada
- Kouros Goodarzi – Western Canada
- Keith Brown – IEEE Canada President (ex officio)
- Amir Aghdam – IEEE Canada Vice President (ex officio)