IEEE Canada Conferences
IEEE Canada has three annual conferences, a biennial symposium, and an annual leadership summit. The Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), the Canadian Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC) and the International Symposium on Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics (ANTEM) (Biennial Symposium and organized by IEEE Canada first time in 2019) are normally held in each of the three areas on a rotating basis. Since 2014, IEEE Canada has also offered the International Humanitarian Technology Conference (IHTC), this initiative further joined hands with IEEE Region 8 and 9 in 2019. Now, it is rotating among IEEE regions 7, 8 and 9. Additionally, WIE ILS is an annual summit which started in 2018 with its first edition conducted in Toronto.
- CCECE 2024 – will be held in Kingston, ON in 2024
- EPEC 2024 – TBD
- WIE ILS 2024 – TBD
- CCECE 2023 – will be held in Regina, SK in 2023
- EPEC 2023 – TBD
- WIE ILS 2023 – TBD
- IHTC 2022 – will be held virtually from December 2-4
- EPEC 2022 – will be held virtually
- CCECE 2022 – was held in Halifax, NS from September 18-20
- IEEE WIE ILS – was held in Toronto, ON from September 24-25
- CCECE 2021 was a Region 7 virtual conference held Sept. 12 to 17, 2021.
- EPEC 2021 was a multi-day virtual conference held Oct. 22-24 and Oct. 30-31, 2021 (11:00am-1:00pm EDT each day), and was hosted by IEEE Toronto Section.
- ANTEM 2021 was hosted virtually from Winnipeg, Manitoba from Aug. 8 to 11, 2021.
- EPEC 2020 was hosted in Edmonton, AB from November 9-10 and held online.
- CCECE 2020 was to be held in London, ON. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was delivered online from August 30 – September 1, 2020.
- EPEC 2019 was held in Montréal, QC from October 16 to 18, 2019.
- CCECE 2019 was held in Edmonton, AB from May 5 to 8, 2019.
- EPEC 2018 was held in Toronto, ON from October 10 to 11, 2018.
- CCECE 2018 was held in Quebec City, QC from May 13 to 16, 2018.
- EPEC 2017 was held in Saskatoon, SK from October 22 to 25, 2017.
- IHTC 2017 was held in Toronto, ON from July 20 to 22, 2017.
- CCECE 2017 was held in Windsor, ON from April 30 to May 3, 2017.
- EPEC 2016 was held in Ottawa, ON from October 12 to 14, 2016.
- CCECE 2016 was held in Vancouver, BC from May 15 to 18, 2016.
- EPEC 2015 was held in London, ON from Oct 26 to 28, 2015.
- IHTC 2015 was held in Ottawa, ON from May 31 to June 4, 2015.
- CCECE 2015 was held in Halifax, NS from May 3 to 6, 2015.
- History of CCECE
Resources for Organizers
CONAC is an Operating Committee of the IEEE, reporting to the IEEE Canada Board of Directors, with a specific mandate to facilitate conference organization.
IEEE Canada is seeking Expressions of Interest from Sections and/or the Area to host future CCECE, EPEC, or IHTC conferences. Sections/Areas interested in hosting one of these conferences should fill out the appropriate proposal document and send to the CONAC Chair.
- CCECE – Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering
- EPEC – Electrical Power and Energy Conference
- IHTC – International Humanitarian Technology Conference
- ANTEM – International Symposium on Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics
- WIE ILS – Women in Engineering International Leadership Summit
Expression of Interest can be submitted at any time at least a year before.