IEEE MGA Awards
Back: IEEE Canada > Awards
For more details, see the MGA Awards Home
Note: effective Jan 1, 2008, Regional Activities (RAB) became Member and Geographic Activities (MGA)
The awards and recognition program described on this page is administered by the Member and Geographic Activities Board (MGA) of the IEEE. This Board oversees activities in all 10 IEEE Regions, of which IEEE Canada is Region 7.
The Awards and Recognition Committees (ARC) of both IEEE Canada and IEEE MGA urge you to consider nominating suitable candidates, and ask that you help them by adhering to the process described on this page and those linked.
If you are nominating someone for an award, here is the information you need to follow the process that IEEE uses. Incomplete nominations will be returned, late submissions may be carried over for consideration the following year. Nomination deadlines depend on the specific award, so you are urged to read the specific related pages for each award.
If you have any suggestions, or questions about these awards or the process, please contact Member and Geographic Activities as identified in the pages linked below.
- IEEE MGA Awards – past recipients
The available awards and their criteria are:
- Achievement Award
- To recognize individuals involved with MGA and/or the Regional network for singular achievement in the development and completion of a project(s) or activity(ies) which are directed to the fulfillment of one or more of the goals and objectives of MGA. This award is designed to recognize those substantive projects or achievements of a relatively short nature (one to three years) but which have left an undeniable imprint on the fabric of regional operations. Deadline: Oct 15
- Leadership Award
- To recognize those individuals who have exhibited exemplary and substantive leadership of an extraordinary nature in implementing activities which support RAB goals and objectives at the local, regional, national, and/or international level. Deadline: Oct 15
- Innovation Award
- To recognize the accomplishment judged to be the most innovative and effective in fulfilling one or more of the goals and objectives of RAB and/or the personal goals of the Vice President – Regional Activities. Deadline: Oct 15
- Larry K. Wilson Transnational Award
- To recognize the accomplishment judged to be the most significant and effective in fulfilling one or more of the Transnational goals and objectives of RAB and/or personal goals of the Vice President of Regional Activities as related to Transnational activities. This award is made in memory of Dr. Larry K. Wilson. Deadline: Oct 15
- GOLD Achievement Award
- To recognize those substantive projects or achievement of a relatively short nature (one to three years) but which have left an undeniable imprint on the fabric of GOLD operations. The award will be based on a selection that recognizes individuals involved with GOLD activities who are recognized for singular achievement in the development and completion of a project(s) or activitivy(ies) which are directed to the fulfillment of one or more of the GOLD goals and/or objectives. The individuals nominated must be GOLD members at the time of nomination. Deadline: Oct 15
- William W. Middleton Distinguished Service Award
- To honor an individual, who over a long and sustained period of leadership contributed in an exemplary manner to the Regional Activities Board (RAB), its activities and achievements and the attainment of its goals and objectives. The award is named for William W. Middleton, who for over thirty years has been associated with and contributed to the growth and maturation of RAB through service on it and its various Committees and Task Forces and was chosen to be the first recipient. Deadline: May 31
- Friend of IEEE Member and Geographic Activities Award
- These awards are designed to specifically recognize support provided to IEEE and its members by firms, divisions of firms, or individuals. Nominators can submit individuals or organizations for a Friend Award at the supporting or sustaining level. Nominations for this award may be submitted at any time during the year.
To learn more about the Friend of IEEE MGA Awards CLICK HERE
To submit a nomination for the Friend of IEEE MGA Award CLICK HERE
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More information and nomination forms.
Section Recognition Awards
- Outstanding Large Section Award
- (>500 members) will be awarded to one Section to recognize the excellent work of the Section in the past year. Deadline: May 15
- Outstanding Small Section Award
- (<501 members) will be awarded to one Section to recognize the excellent work of the Section in the past year. Deadline: May 15
- More Information
- about how nominations are handled within IEEE Canada, go to this page.
- Section Membership Growth Award
- to recognize the Section in each Region having achieved the highest rate of growth. No nomination required – The Member and Geographic Activities Department will automatically generate statistics for submission to the Awards and Recognition Committee of MGA.
- Section Sustained Membership Growth Award
- to recognize the Sections which have had continued success in attracting and retaining IEEE membership. No nomination required – the Member and Geographic Activities Department will automatically generate statistics for submission to the Awards and Recognition Committee of MGA.
Additional Section Recognitions
- Certificate of Appreciation, Section Chair
- Certificate of Appreciation, Chapter Chair
- Certificate of Appreciation, GOLD Affinity Chair
- Certificate of Appreciation, General
- Section Significant Anniversary Banner