Nominating a Member for IEEE Canada Major Award
The Nomination Procedure for the following awards uses two online web forms; one for nominations, the other for endorsements. Each nomination requires two endorsements from different people. Anyone (including non-members) can nominate but only IEEE members (from any Region) can endorse. Members of the IEEE Canada awards and executive committees are ineligible to act as nominators or endorsers.
Note: Nominees for achievement and service awards must be Canadian IEEE members, with the exception of the R.H. Tanner Industry Leadership Award which is open.
Note that CVs will not be accepted. Incomplete nomination and endorsement forms can not be submitted and limits are enforced on input. Late submissions must be resubmitted for consideration the following year. Please read the web forms – especially the notes at the top of each form – very carefully before you begin to enter information.
Award Details and Nomination Forms
For details about the awards, see the list of IEEE Canada Major Awards for Members.
Please use either the New FluidReview Forms, or the Old HTML Forms, for both Nominations and Endorsements.
New FluidReview Forms
New forms made with FluidReview allow for online editing and saving progress.
Old HTML Forms
|A.G.L. McNaughton Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
|R.A. Fessenden Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
|P. Ziogas Electric Power Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
|C.C. Gotlieb Computer Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
|Outstanding Engineer Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
|J.M. Ham Outstanding Engineering Educator Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
|R.H. Tanner Industry Leadership Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
|W.S. Read Outstanding Service Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
|J.J. Archambault Eastern Canada Merit Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
|M.B. Broughton Central Canada Merit Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
|E.F. Glass Western Canada Merit Award||Nomination Form||Endorsement Form|
If you are unable to use the online forms, you may use Word to produce both forms, but you must follow the exact sequence and format of the online forms (including the character count). The Word document should be emailed as an attachment to the committee at email@example.com.
The Critical Dates (2017-2018 Award Cycle)
- Nominations and endorsements must be received by: 30 November 2017
- Recipients selected: December 2017
- IEEE Canada approval: December 2017
- Recipients notified: December 2017
- Recipient information (Biographies) due: 20 January 2018
- Award Presentations:
- IEEE Canada Awards Gala, 14 May 2018
- During CCECE 2018 in Québec City, QC
The Critical Dates (2016-2017 Award Cycle)
- Nominations and endorsements must be received by: 30 November 2016
- Recipients selected: December 2016
- IEEE Canada approval: December 2016
- Recipients notified: December 2016
- Award Presentations:
- IEEE Awards Gala, 1 May 2017
- During CCECE 2017 in Windsor, ON
The Critical Dates (2014-2015 Award Cycle)
- Nominations and endorsements must be received by: 15 November 2014
- Recipients selected: early December 2014
- IEEE Canada approval: December 2014
- Recipients notified: December 2014
- Award Presentations: May 2015 during the CCECE in Halifax, NS