IEEE Canada Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the governing board of IEEE Canada, and is also known as the “IEEE Region 7 Committee”. The Board is required to act in conformance with the IEEE Canada bylaws and the constitution and bylaws of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) as well as those of the EIC (Engineering Institute of Canada).
The Board is comprised of the following voting members:
- The officers – President, President-elect, Past-president, Secretary, and Treasurer;
- The Chair of each Section or, with notice to the President, a designate for a particular meeting;
- The Regional Student Representative;
- The Chairs of each of the three Standing Committee Groups
- External Relations (Educational Activities, Industry Relations, Other Societies, Professional Development, Section/Chapter Support)
- Member Services (GOLD, Life Members, Membership Development, Student Activities, Women In Engineering)
- Publications and Communications (Canadian Journal of Electrical & Computer Engineering, IEEE Canadian Review, Electronic Newsletter, Publicity & Advertising, Translation, Website)
The Board is comprised of the following non-voting members:
- Directors Emeriti, Members of the IEEE Board of Directors residing within Canada; Additional members from the membership, appointed by the President, subject to confirmation by a majority vote of the members of the Board and within the limitations set by the IEEE Bylaws.
- IEEE Canada Administrator – providing administrative support to the Board.
The Board normally meets twice each year. One meeting is immediately before the annual Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering. The other is at a central Canada location – every third year may be at IEEE Sections Congress.
Please see the names of the IEEE volunteers who serve on this board and other IEEE Canada entities, as well as the operations manual for the descriptions of all volunteer activities. There is one part-time staff support person who is known as the the IEEE Canada Administrator.